The guiding principle behind the company decisions of Nova Siria is sustainability. The company, in line with ESG principles, operates with total respect for the planet and its resources, to build a future which is sustainable for future generations.
At the start of 2023, the company obtained ISO 14001 certification (Environmental Management System Certification), with the planned objective of creating, over the medium term, integrated quality, security and environmental management systems.
The business model makes possible not just the maintenance of the business over the long term, but also expands the horizons, including the environment, social wellbeing and fair and long-sighted governance.
Nova Siria operates in compliance with environmental criteria, implementing various different virtuous actions:
• creation of an integrated quality and environmental system (ISO 9001 and 14001, aiming at 360° sustainability of both the primary and support processes);
• use of renewable energy;
• adoption of circular economy solutions;
• reduction in environmental impact (use of “green” packaging, planning using FEM (Finite element method) calculations in order to optimise the use of steel);
• containing the consumption of water and the planet’s other resources;
• careful and considered waste disposal, with the majority destined for recovery;
• acquisition of a high percentage of recycled steel.
Nova Siria interacts with the social fabric within which it operates by adopting a company development model which can have a positive impact for the various groups involved. The most important social areas it operates in are:
• work safety;
• worker rights;
• social equality and justice;
• wellbeing and inclusion of the people working for the company;
• enhancement of local resources;
• the company’s strong ties with the local areas.
TREE PLANTING INITIATIVE
In 2021 and 2023, Nova Siria funded two tree-planting projects involving Paulownia trees. The first project took place at the Santa Croce Hospital in Cuneo, while the second occurred in the municipality of Frossasco.
The company chose to invest in this sustainable activity as it contributes to maintaining ecological balance (trees absorb carbon dioxide, produce oxygen, and play a crucial role in combating climate change). Another motivation behind this decision is the belief that companies have a responsibility to the environment and the communities in which they operate. By supporting tree planting, the company acts responsibly and fosters a green mindset among its employees.